Hunt for Australian dollar savings
With the Australian dollar shooting towards 29-year highs, it’s time for entrepreneurs to renew their efforts to unlock savings using the currency.
The savings could be everywhere – equipment, raw materials, software and technology that can be ordered from overseas are probably the really big ticket items.
But there could be plenty of smaller savings – if you know where to look.
So get your team together and have an Australian dollar brainstorm.
- Get the IT team to think about what they could order from overseas.
- Ask the purchasing department to look at supply contracts. If cheaper suppliers can’t be found, at least put some pressure on suppliers you know buy from overseas to give you a better deal.
- Ask your office manager to look at stationery savings. A year’s supply of pens may well be cheaper from the US.
- If you’ve been planning some staff training, buy the materials from overseas.
- If you’ve been hoping to upgrade some of your promotion materials, why not ask a US supplier for a quote.
I bet plenty of your staff are shopping overseas already and will have some great ideas.
Get it done – today!