Create a social media traffic jam
The other day, I spoke to a friend of mine who is an expert in social media.
During the conversation, I asked her a simple question: “How do I get more traffic to my social media pages?”
“Ugggghhh,” she groaned.
“If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me that…”
She then went on to ask me a few good questions. They’re good questions for you too:
- Is your Twitter handle and Facebook account listed in your email signature?
- Do you mention your social media accounts on your business cards?
- Are your social media accounts on your printed marketing materials?
- Do you promote your social media accounts in your email newsletters?
- Do you explicitly ask your existing customers to like you on Facebook or follow you on Twitter?
All very good questions and, in the main, I had to say “no”. But it makes sense – getting existing customers to follow you on social networks is a smart place to start.
My friend left me with one last question: “Do you post anything on Facebook on YouTube worth looking at?”
After all, it’s hard to get people to use your social media pages if you don’t use them yourself!
Get it done – today!