The National Roads and Motorists’ Association (NRMA) has announced the startups taking part in the company’s first accelerator program.
Six startups have been chosen for the Jumpstart program, an initiative looking to help startups scale by tapping into the NRMA’s 2.4 million customers.
The startups include:
- Careseekers; a national service that connects people needing in-home carers with people looking for carer work.
- WunderWalk; is a personalised pocket tour guide. The app creates your ultimate outing, shopping, eating, drinking, entertainment and sightseeing anywhere in the world.
- Gamurs; a gaming social network. Gamers connect with others and personalise their gaming experience.
- Camplify; connects would be campers with owners of caravans and RVs, holiday parks, camping grounds and camping related experiences. Their goal is to be the ‘airbnb’ of the camping world.
- OTTO by Gizmosis; advanced voice recognition technology to reduce driver distraction. Makes and receives mobile phone calls and texts without touching the phone.
- Hive UAV; provides automated remote aerial monitoring using drones (UAV’s) for agriculture, emergency services and industry.
Participants receive a $30,000 grant, a free co-working space and take part in a six-month mentorship program in exchange for a 10% stake.
NRMA Group chief executive Tony Stuart said in a statement the startups chosen to take part in the program have a steep learning curve ahead of them.
“Each business group is given the opportunity to learn from the best,” he says.
“They will receive business advice, training and mentoring from recognised experts in the startup world.”
Stuart also pointed out that the program’s participants are from all across Australia and included companies founded by women.
“We are thrilled with the diversity of our Jumpstart participants and have selected teams from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane,” he says.
“Participants are of all ages with two of the businesses established by young women.”
Follow StartupSmart on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.