- Samsung Galaxy Tab hits big Australian retailers – can it challenge the iPad?
- Meet the emotional robot
- Microsoft releases new Zune HD player
- Mandatory internet filter could become voluntary
- Microsoft to release Windows 7 pricing soon
Ghent University – Contact Lenses Project Text Messages: Start-up Idea
Contact lenses send a clear message
By Michelle Hammond
Contact lenses of the not-so-distant future will not only help people read text messages – they will also let people receive them.
European scientists have developed technology that allows electronic messages sent from mobile phones to be projected onto a contact lens while in the eye.
The spherical curved LCD display, created by researchers at Ghent University in Belgium, handles projected images using wireless technology.
The first demonstration showed a dollar sign on the lens, but scientists believe there will be displays with the same detail as a TV screen within “a few years”, suggesting there could be opportunities for entrepreneurs.
- This website was built by Valegro -