- Samsung Galaxy Tab hits big Australian retailers – can it challenge the iPad?
- Meet the emotional robot
- Microsoft releases new Zune HD player
- Mandatory internet filter could become voluntary
- Microsoft to release Windows 7 pricing soon
Virtual Shop Lets Smart Phone Users Scan, Purchase Products: Start-up Idea
Virtual shop a smart (phone) idea
By Michelle Hammond
A British internet company is launching a “virtual” shop with pictures of groceries, bringing a whole new meaning to the term “window shopping”.
Customers stop at the window, use their smart phones to scan the barcodes of products they want to buy, and the goods are delivered to their front door.
The new “shopping window” is being launched in central London and could be rolled out across the country.
This technology could be a taste of the future of shopping. It comes after a similar trial by Tesco, carried out in a South Korean subway.
As more consumers rely on their smartphones to research items, could this serve as inspiration for other like-minded concepts?
- This website was built by Valegro -