Friday 2 December
By Oliver Milman
Today on StartupSmart, we look at the big-name businesses that started from humble beginnings in their garages.Newly-crowned Entrepreneur of the Year Michael Malone launched iiNet from his mother’s garage, only moving out because he had 300 different phone lines clogging up the space.
Malone isn’t the only garage-dwelling start-up to go on to great things. Entrepreneurs including Steve Jobs, Larry Page and Walt Disney all emerged from a garage space with a leading business. Today, we count down the top 10.
Elsewhere, Vicki Crowe outlines some non-monetary benefits you can give to your staff, we have news of Queensland’s brightest new innovators and we round up the best of the web in Weekend Reads.
Share This page :
- AFG mortgage approvals at 33-month high as investors return to the market
- Mortgage brokers Mortgage Gallery and Smartline to merge
- Centro restructure gets final nod of approval
- Top 10 sales of the week: RP Data
- Major banks play down S&P ratings downgrade