Patrick StaffordFollow on twitter smartcompany.com.au Follow on Google+
Some keyboard shortcuts for Excel
This article first appeared on June 29th, 2011.
It’s one of the classic programs, but there are still plenty of entrepreneurs who don’t know how to use Microsoft Excel properly. Keyboard shortcuts are a big part of that.
In case you didn’t know, here are some keyboard tools to help you get around Excel a little easier when putting your spreadsheets together:
- To access the ribbon, just press Alt, and then you can use the corresponding key for any of the options at the top of the screen.
- To switch between worksheet tabs, you just need to press CTLR and then PgUp.
- If you want to enter the current time on a cell, just press CTRL, SHIFT and then “:”.
- To move your curser to the edge of the current data block, just press CTRL, and then use the arrows in either direction. And finally…
- To move one cell to the right in worksheets, just press “tab”, which also moves between unlocked cells in a locked worksheet.