Women in BusinessMonday, 25 February 2013 00:00
Video, Women Inspiring Women Event Sydney, Jane Lu from Show Pony Fashion and Samantha Cran from 1disease.org: Women in Business Blog By Orsi Parkanyi
Video discussion: Jane Lu and Samantha Cran
This article first appeared on May 21st, 2012.
Women as Entrepreneurs hosted a fantastic and extremely successful Sydney event in January called “Women inspiring women”.
The event attracted more than 70 fabulous entrepreneurial women.
Our guests for the evening were Jane Lu, creator of Show Pony Fashion, and Samantha Cran, CEO of 1disease.org. Jane and Sam shared many interesting and inspiring stories with us on the night, about both success and failure.
Below you can watch some of the highlights from the event. Get ready for 10 minutes of inspiration, laughter and entertainment:
Orsi Parkanyi grew up in Eastern Europe (Hungary) in a family of four women. She came to Australia six years ago on her own with a university research scholarship as a 22 year old. Orsi spent the past 10 years investigating current social and environmental issues at various universities around the Globe.
As she’s become more aware of our limitations to save the Planet from an ecological disaster, she’s became more and more passionate about the concept of social entrepreneurship and empowerment of women. She started "Women as Entrepreneurs" (WE) at the end of October 2011 in order to initiate change and start a debate on this topic in Australia.
She is on Twitter @We_Sydney.
Share This page :
- Apple’s $US1 billion patent win against Samsung slashed in half by a US court, possible...
- Yahoo! repositions itself as a tech company rather than an online media giant, discontinues ...
- Would you like a charge with that? McDonald’s Europe trials wireless charging stations
- Vodafone in damage control: Company dismisses class-action lawsuit and pumps local customer ...
- Evernote hack yet another warning of cloud danger for Australian SMEs